Terms of Service
These “SpiderAF Terms of Service” (hereinafter referred to as these “Terms”) set forth the terms and conditions whereby you (hereinafter referred to as the “User”) use our ad fraud prevention tool, “SpiderAF” (including incidental services, hereinafter referred to simply as “SpiderAF”), which is owned by Phybbit Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Phybbit”).
Regardless of whether you have applied for the service, if you use SpiderAF, you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms. Accordingly, please fully review these Terms before using the service. For this purpose, the “use” of SpiderAF refers to an action of viewing any information provided by SpiderAF, any provision of information to Phybbit regarding SpiderAF, and any other activities relating to SpiderAF or taken through SpiderAF.
Article 1 (These Terms)
- The User should apply for the use of SpiderAF in Phybbit’s prescribed manner upon accepting these Terms. Please note that individual terms, fee schedules, manuals, specifications, rules, FAQs, etc., provided by Phybbit in relation to SpiderAF constitute part of these Terms and will apply to the User as integral parts of these Terms (if there is any conflict between the foregoing and these Terms, the foregoing individual terms, etc., shall prevail). Accordingly, please fully review the foregoing in advance.
- The use license agreement for SpiderAF (hereinafter referred to as the “Service Agreement”) between User and Phybbit under these Terms shall be formed when the application under the preceding paragraph is accepted by Phybbit.
- The User may only use SpiderAF in accordance with the Service Agreement containing the substance of these Terms. Please note that, if there is a conflict between the provisions of these Terms and the agreement made between the User and Phybbit before the User starts using SpiderAF, these Terms shall prevail and apply.
Article 2 (Notice from Phybbit)
- All notices to be given by Phybbit to the User in respect of SpiderAF will be given, in principle, on the SpiderAF website (including SpiderAF applications, etc.; the same shall apply hereinafter) or by email addressed to the email address which the User has provided to Phybbit, and such notice shall take effect when such notice is sent by Phybbit. If there is any change in the information which the User has provided to Phybbit, then in advance or immediately after the occurrence of such change, the User must notify Phybbit to that effect in a manner prescribed by Phybbit.
- If any notice is given in any manner of notification other than pursuant to the preceding paragraph, such notice shall take effect upon the passage of a reasonable period required for such notice to be delivered to the User.
- Notices under the preceding two paragraphs shall take effect regardless of whether the User actually receives or becomes aware of such notice.
Article 3 (Licensing)
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, Phybbit may permit the use of SpiderAF even where, due to specifications, etc., of a system used by the User, the User is not able to provide all the information required by Phybbit, in which case, however, the User shall acknowledge in advance that there may be a restriction in the functionality of SpiderAF, loss or diminishment of the reliability of the results, or such other detriment, and that Phybbit shall not be liable for such detriment in any way whatsoever.
- In using SpiderAF, the User must, at its own expense and responsibility, comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant laws and regulations applicable to the User.
Article 4 (Service Period)
- The service period of SpiderAF shall be as set forth below. Please note that the User may not cancel the service during the service period unless otherwise specifically set forth in these Terms.
- (1) In the case of the service on a monthly basis (hereinafter referred to as the “Monthly Service”): the period from the service commencement date through the last day of the month to which such date belongs (and if extended, the one-month period from the first day of the next following month; the same shall apply thereafter);
- (2) In the case of the service for more than one month such as one (1) year (hereinafter referred to as the “Yearly Service, etc.”): the relevant period from the service commencement date.
- Unless either the User or Phybbit expresses its intention to terminate the Service Agreement at least one (1) month prior to the expiration of the service period, the service period shall be automatically extended for the same period under the same terms and conditions, and the same shall apply thereafter. If such intention is expressed, the Service Agreement shall end on the date of expiration of the service period next following the service period to which the date of notice of such intention belongs.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, the User may not end the service period until the expiration date of the service period during which the first six-month period following the service commencement date passes, with such first six-month period being the minimum service period; provided that, by paying, in a lump sum, the service fees payable up to the date on which the Service Agreement would otherwise end in accordance with the main text of this paragraph, the User may immediately cease the use of SpiderAF (which means the termination of the Service Agreement; the same shall apply hereinafter). Additionally, the monthly service fee in this case shall be calculated by using the average monthly service fee during the most recent twelve (12) months (if the relevant period is less than twelve (12) months, then the average monthly service fee during the relevant period).
- Notwithstanding the preceding three paragraphs, Phybbit may designate, as an initial implementation period (trial period), a period of no less than two (2) weeks but no more than one (1) month following the commencement date of the Service Agreement. In such event, the User may cease the use of SpiderAF upon the expiration of such period only by paying the service fees during such period (only where such service fees are payable). Additionally, if such period is designated, the “Service Commencement Date” shall be the full-scale commencement date, which is the day next following the end date of such initial implementation (trial) period.
Article 5 (Service Fees)
- SpiderAF service fees shall be indicated by Phybbit in a separate fee schedule, based on the volume of data to be analyzed, advertisement method, scope of service to be provided by Phybbit, and other elements to be determined by Phybbit.
- In the case of Monthly Service, the service fees shall be calculated on a daily basis only when the service commencement date is a day in the middle of a month, and the service fees shall not be calculated on a daily basis even if the service end date is a day in the middle of a month. 。
- In the case of Monthly Service, if the User changes the plan (including where the plan is changed automatically pursuant to the conditions set forth in the fee schedule) in the middle of a month and the service fee is increased, then the service fee so increased shall be payable for such month. If the User changes the plan in the middle of a month and the service fee is reduced, then the payment based on the reduced service fee shall start with the service fee for the next following month.
- In the case of Yearly Service, etc., if the User wishes to change the plan during the service period, and if Phybbit separately provides, the User shall pay a charge for the plan change.
- Phybbit may, upon giving advance notice to the User, revise its service fees (including the rules for calculation thereof) due to a diversification and complication of advertisement methods, change to the scope of services to be provided by Phybbit, economic conditions, or other circumstances. Additionally, the User agrees in advance that, if the User uses SpiderAF after Phybbit gives such notice (including the case where the User does not terminate the Service Agreement; the same shall apply hereinafter), the revised service fees shall become applicable on and after the date of revision specified by Phybbit.
- If the User changes or intends to change the plan in accordance with the conditions set forth in the fee schedule, the User must notify Phybbit to that effect on each occasion. Additionally, if the User evades payment of all or part of the service fees by failing to give such notification, then the difference between the service fee that should have been payable and the service fee already paid, together with a late payment charge payable for the period up to the date of payment, shall become immediately payable by the User to Phybbit.
Article 6 (Infrastructure, Facilities, etc.)
- The User shall prepare, set up, and maintain, at its own responsibility and expense, any and all infrastructure and facilities such as the installation, setup and configuration of servers and application tools necessary for the use of SpiderAF as prescribed by Phybbit. Additionally, the User agrees in advance that Phybbit shall not be liable for any harm whatsoever caused to the User or its customers, etc., due to the User’s breach of such obligations.
Article 7 (Prohibited Matters, etc.)
- Phybbit prohibits the User from taking any of the actions set forth in the items below in using SpiderAF. Furthermore, the User agrees that, on condition that Phybbit gives prior written notice to the User, Phybbit is entitled to conduct an audit of the User for the purpose of confirming the User’s compliance with these Terms, and the User shall accommodate Phybbit’s audit.
- (1) To use SpiderAF in a manner or form other than as specified by Phybbit in manuals, etc.;
- (2) To reproduce or alter any part of SpiderAF unless expressly permitted in these Terms or unless permitted by Phybbit in writing;
- (3) To reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, trace, or debug any part of SpiderAF unless expressly permitted in these Terms or unless permitted by Phybbit in writing;
- (4) To remove SpiderAF’s intellectual property notice or trademark;
- (5) To disclose information included in SpiderAF to a third party (except for Sublicensees) without obtaining Phybbit’s prior written consent;
- (6) To have a third party (except for Sublicensees) use SpiderAF, for a fee or free of charge, through a lease, rental, assignment, quotation, sublicense, resale, or any other way without Phybbit’s permission;
- (7) To use SpiderAF for the benefit of a third party (except for Sublicensees) or make SpiderAF available to an unspecified number of people for secondary use for commercial purposes, or display or disclose SpiderAF, without obtaining Phybbit’s prior written consent.
- If it turns out that the User falls under any of the categories in the following items, Phybbit may terminate the User’s use of SpiderAF:
- (1) The User is not an existing person or entity;
- (2) The User violated a service agreement for Phybbit’s products, including SpiderAF, in the past;
- (3) Information provided by the User is false, erroneous or insufficient;
- (4) The User is a minor, adult ward, person under curatorship, or person under assistance, and the procedures to commence the service were not taken by the guardian of such adult ward, or the consent of the legal representative, curator or assistant was not obtained for the commencement of the service;
- (5) The User’s use of SpiderAF obstructs Phybbit’s business from the operational or technological perspective;
- (6) Any of the User’s officers, employees, or customers (including the customer’s officers and employees if the customer is an entity) falls under any of the following categories: an organized crime group (boryokudan); a member of a boryokudan; a person for whom five (5) years have not elapsed since the time the person ceased to be a member of a boryokudan; a quasi-member of a boryokudan; a company associated with a boryokudan; an organization associated with a boryokudan; a corporate racketeer; a hoodlum disguised as a supporter of a social movement, etc.; or a white-collar crime group; or any other person similar to the foregoing (hereinafter referred to as “Anti-social Forces”). 5
- SpiderAF shall be provided to the User on an as-is basis, and Phybbit makes no warranty, representation, or promise, express or implied, to the User in respect of SpiderAF, including warranty as to the operability; warranty for non-existence of defects or errors; warranty as to the fitness for a particular use, equipment, etc.; warranty for the appropriateness or reliability of results obtained through use; warranty for the accuracy of results from any filtering, integration or conversion by SpiderAF; warranty that Phybbit’s classification, etc., will meet the User’s requirements; warranty that the Internet connection will not be suspended or interrupted; and warranty for non-infringement of third party rights.
Article 9 (Changes to Specifications)
- Even after the User starts using SpiderAF, Phybbit may, at its own discretion, change the specifications of SpiderAF (including, but not limited to, change of design, rewriting of the program, and change to data specifications), change the content of service, or make such other changes.
- With regard to changes, etc., to the specifications under the preceding paragraph, Phybbit shall not be obligated to obtain the consent of the User or the User’s customers, etc., and shall notify the User of the content, time, etc., of any such change in such manner as deemed appropriate by Phybbit.
- With regard to changes, etc., to the specifications under Paragraph 1, if agreed upon separately through consultation, Phybbit will make changes to the specifications as so agreed upon, and the User shall pay costs, remuneration, etc., as separately determined.
- Phybbit shall not be liable in any way for any harm caused to the User or the User’s customers, etc., as a result of any change, etc., to the specifications under this Article.
- Phybbit may, at its own responsibility, delegate to a third party all or part of the tasks relating to SpiderAF to be provided under the Service Agreement.
Article 10 (Handling of Data)
- The User shall be responsible for making a backup of data which the User deems important among data, contents, usage history and all other information which the User provides in relation to SpiderAF (hereinafter referred to simply as “Data”), and Phybbit shall not be obligated to make a backup of Data.
- When the Service Agreement ends, or upon the elapse of a retention period to be separately prescribed by Phybbit, Phybbit may, at its own discretion, delete all or part of Data. Phybbit shall not be liable for any harm caused to the User or customers, etc., as a result of the actions taken under this paragraph.
- Phybbit will improve the services by using, among the Data to be provided by the User, server domain information for the site which is determined to be ad fraud; text, image, audio, and html information; and user agent information in respect of users who accessed such website (such as IP addresses, terminal information, and referrer); and information for actions such as clicks, views and installation, among others, and by adjusting parameters and updating databases. Furthermore, SpiderAF so improved shall also apply to transactions with third parties, and any and all rights relating to the parameters, databases, etc., so adjusted or updated shall belong to Phybbit as a matter of course, and the User shall not acquire any right whatsoever. Additionally, to the extent necessary for Phybbit to operate the service, including SpiderAF, Phybbit may view, use, or otherwise handle information provided by the User and other data, such as records, etc., of the use of SpiderAF by the User, free of charge and permanently even after the effective term of the Service Agreement ends, and the User acknowledges the foregoing in advance.
- The User acknowledges in advance that Phybbit may post or reprint the following in websites, newspapers, magazines, books, and various other media or use the following for Phybbit’s other business activities: information regarding entities and organizations, information and SpiderAF usage conditions by which individuals, as the subject of personal information, cannot be identified, and statistical data, analytical data, etc., generated by Phybbit based on the foregoing information.
- To the extent necessary in order to achieve the purpose of delegation, Phybbit may provide Confidential Information and information concerning the User including their personal information to third parties to whom all or part of the services relating to SpiderAF were delegated, and the User acknowledge the foregoing in advance.
Article 11 (Temporary Discontinuance and Suspension)
- Upon the occurrence of any of the events in the following items, Phybbit may temporarily discontinue or suspend the provision of SpiderAF to the User and the User’s customers, etc., without giving prior notice:
- (1) When a failure occurs with computers, servers, systems, and telecommunication facilities relating to SpiderAF (hereinafter referred to as the “Systems”);
- (2) When it is necessary for the purpose of maintenance, inspection, etc., of the Systems;
- (3) When the telecommunications carrier temporarily discontinues or suspends the provision of telecommunication services;
- (4) When the provision cannot be made due to a force majeure event such as an earthquake, lightening strike, fire, storm, flood, or other act of God;
- (5) When a failure of the Systems or a third party’s unauthorized access, etc., to the Systems occurs;
- (6) When SpiderAF or the Systems cannot be used pursuant to an action due to any law or regulation, the government’s order, etc.; or
- (7) When Phybbit otherwise determines that it is necessary to temporarily discontinue or suspend SpiderAF or the Systems.
- If the provision is to be temporarily discontinued or suspended due to any of the events set forth in Paragraph 1, Phybbit shall make efforts to notify the User in advance; provided that the foregoing shall not apply in the case of emergency.
- Phybbit shall not be liable for any harm caused to the User or their customers, etc., as a result of the temporary discontinuance, etc., due to any of the events set forth in Paragraph 1.
Article 12 (Termination)
- If the User or its customer, etc., falls under any of the categories in the following items, Phybbit may immediately terminate the Service Agreement without giving notice or making a demand:
- (1) When the User (including its customer, etc.; the same shall apply in this paragraph) violates any of the provisions of these Terms;
- (2) When the User commits a material contractual violation or takes an act of disloyalty, such as presentation of false information and non-payment of service fees, as a result of which it becomes difficult to continue the Service Agreement;
- (3) When the User violates any of the relevant laws and regulations or commits any act offensive to public order and morals;
- (4) When the User is suspended from making payments or becomes insolvent; when a petition is filed for the commencement of bankruptcy proceedings, civil rehabilitation proceedings, corporate reorganization proceedings, or special liquidation; when it becomes subject to a disposition of suspension of transactions by a clearing house; or when an order or notice of provisional attachment, preservative attachment or attachment is issued to the User as an obligor;
- (5) In addition to the preceding items, when a change occurs in respect of the User’s assets, creditworthiness, operation, organization or structure, and it is considered that it may become difficult to perform the obligations under the Terms;
- (6) When it is considered that the User has a relationship with Anti-social Forces;
- (7) When a situation arises which is considered to make it difficult for Phybbit to continue the Service Agreement.
- When the User falls under any of the categories in the respective items in the preceding paragraph, any and all monetary obligations owed by the User to Phybbit shall be accelerated and become immediately due and payable by the User.
Article 13 (End of Service Agreement)
- If the Service Agreement ends for any reason whatsoever, the license granted to the User in respect of SpiderAF shall be revoked, and the User shall immediately cease and cause the User’s customers, etc., to cease the use of SpiderAF and shall not use SpiderAF thereafter. In such event, as instructed by Phybbit, the User shall immediately return, destroy, delete or take other actions in respect of any and all software, data, materials, and SpiderAF and related reproductions.
- If Phybbit determines that it is inappropriate to operate SpiderAF continuously, Phybbit may, at its own discretion, end the operation thereof, and in such event, the Service Agreement shall end simultaneously as a matter of course; provided that, if the operation is to end, Phybbit shall give prior notice to the User.
- Even if the Service Agreement ends during the service period, the service fees already paid shall not be refunded to the User for any reason whatsoever.
Article 14 （権利の(Attribution of Rights, etc.)帰属等）
- Intellectual property rights, including copyrights, and all such other rights in respect of SpiderAF shall belong to Phybbit. Additionally, if the User raises an objection in respect of the attribution, validity, etc., and contests the same directly or indirectly for any reason and in any method whatsoever, Phybbit may immediately terminate the Service Agreement without giving notice or making a demand.
- The User agree that all reproductions of SpiderAF shall bear the same intellectual property notice as those indicated on SpiderAF.
- Except for the rights expressly granted under these Terms, no right in SpiderAF shall be granted to the User, and Phybbit shall reserve all the rights that are not explicitly granted and all other rights.
- Phybbit may transfer or assign to a third party Phybbit’s status under the Service Agreement and Phybbit’s rights and obligations under the Service Agreement, and to the extent necessary for such transfer or assignment, Phybbit may provide to such third party information concerning the User and its customers, etc.
Article 15 (Confidential Information)
- For the purpose of these Terms, “Confidential Information” means any and all information which is disclosed by Phybbit to the User in relation to the Service Agreement and the disclosure of which may cause harm to Phybbit; provided that any information which falls under any of the categories set forth in the following items shall not be included in Confidential Information:
- (1) information which was already in the public domain at the time of disclosure thereof to the User;
- (2) information which enters the public domain through no fault of the User after the disclosure thereof to the User;
- (3) information which was already lawfully obtained by the User at the time of disclosure thereof to the User;
- (4) information which is independently developed by the User without relying on Confidential Information;
- (5) information which was lawfully provided by a third party to the User without the User’s being obligated to keep it confidential.
- The User shall not, without obtaining Phybbit’s prior written consent, disclose, provide or divulge Confidential Information to a third party (including, but not limited to, Phybbit’s competitors), and the User shall not use or reproduce Confidential Information beyond the minimum necessary extent for the use of SpiderAF.
- When the User discloses or provides Confidential Information to a third party, the User shall impose on such third party the obligations equivalent to those imposed on the User under these Terms and shall ensure that such third party will comply with the same, and the User shall be liable for any and all acts on the part of such third party.
- At the end of the Service Agreement or upon Phybbit’s request, the User shall, at Phybbit’s option, either return to Phybbit or destroy or delete Confidential Information (including all reproductions and alterations) immediately.
Article 16 (Disclaimer)
- Phybbit shall not be liable in any way for any damage suffered by a User or a third party in relation to these Terms or the use of SpiderAF (including, but not limited to, lost profit, business interruption, loss of data, or other monetary damage) for non-performance, tort or any other legal cause of action and regardless of the foreseeability of the occurrence of such damage.
- The preceding paragraph shall also apply to damage arising from Phybbit’s action or failure to take an action under these Terms; damage arising from a third party’s claim for infringement in respect of SpiderAF; damage due to any defect in SpiderAF; damage arising from the User’s improper operation of SpiderAF; damage arising from a failure of any equipment or device installed, maintained or managed by the User, Phybbit or a third party; damage arising due to a third-party program; damage arising due to a virus, hacking, or other unauthorized act; damage arising from the suspension or interruption of the Systems; and damage caused by a third party such as a telecommunications carrier or an Internet service provider.
- Phybbit shall not be liable for any dispute between a User and a third party arising from the use of SpiderAF or results therefrom, including acquisition, viewing, etc., by the User of the third party’s personal information and correspondence. The User shall, at its own expense and responsibility, resolve such dispute and immediately indemnify and hold harmless Phybbit for any damage caused to Phybbit (including any costs incurred in order to recoup the reputation of SpiderAF, attorneys’ fees, litigation costs, and damages to third parties). Furthermore, upon Phybbit’s request, the User shall cooperate with Phybbit in order to resolve such dispute.
Article 17 (Injunctive and Other Relief)
- The User agrees in advance that Phybbit may suffer irreparable damage as a result of a breach of these Terms, and accordingly, in addition to monetary damages and other remedies under the law, Phybbit shall be entitled to seek specific performance or injunctive relief as a remedy for a breach or threatened breach of these Terms without providing a guarantee or other security, or presenting a ground for the damage.
Article 18 (Other Conditions)
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan (including procedural laws), and with regard to any dispute arising in relation to the use of SpiderAF or results therefrom, the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction as the court of first instance.
- Neither party shall be held liable for any delay in performance or non-performance of all or part of these Terms due to an act of God or other force majeure.
- Even if any portion of these Terms is found illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a competent court, such portion shall remain applicable by being replaced with a valid provision of these Terms which is the most approximate to the intent of such portion which was found illegal, invalid or unenforceable or by interpreting such portion in a reasonable manner so that the such portion will serve as a valid provision in the most approximate way. Furthermore, the remaining provisions shall remain valid thereafter. Additionally, even if any portion of the disclaimer is found illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a competent court, Phybbit’s liability for damages to the User or a third party shall be limited to direct and ordinary damages actually suffered (excluding lost profits), and regardless of the scale of an action causing such damages, Phybbit’s maximum liability shall not exceed the amount equal to three (3) months’ fees calculated based on the average monthly service fee during the most recent twelve (12) months following the month during which such action occurred (or if the relevant period is less than twelve (12) months, the average monthly service fee during such period).
- The English version of these Terms shall be controlling, and even if these Terms are translated into any language other than English, such translation shall be prepared for reference purposes only, and the controlling English version shall be binding on the User and Phybbit.
- Phybbit may amend these Terms as necessary without giving advance notice to the User, and the Terms so amended shall take effect at the time of notification to the User (or if the effective date is prescribed, as from such effective date). If the User uses SpiderAF after such amendment to these Terms takes effect, the User shall be deemed to have accepted the amended Terms in their entirety.
- With regard to any matter not set forth in these Terms or any doubt arising as to the performance under these Terms, the User and Phybbit shall make efforts to amicably resolve the same through good faith consultation between the User and Phybbit.