This support guide provides instructions on how to use Microsoft Ads audience tags to set up audience exclusion. The purpose of this guide is to help you prevent invalid accesses from being included in your campaigns.
We recommend setting exclusions here for all campaigns, as Spider AF will automatically update audiences for invalid users. Although the population of the audience will be updated automatically, the exclusion audiences will need to be applied manually to existing and new campaigns.
First, publish an audience tag to collect invalid accesses with Spider AF. You can refer to the following article for guidance on how to issue audience tags in Microsoft Ads.
1. Log in to your Microsoft Ads account and navigate to the 'Audience' section, located under 'Tools' in the top tab.
2. Select '+Create' at the bottom of the screen.
3. Create a new audience to exclude in Spider AF.
4. Enter the detailed information for the audience.
5. From the 'Ads' menu, go to 'Dynamic Ad Targeting', then select 'Audience'
6. Click on the '+Create association' link at the bottom of the page to associate the audiences.
7. Associating audiences.
💡 The definition of audience size may differ from the number of invalid accesses detected by Spider AF. Hence, there may be a difference in the total count of numbers that are counted.
8. Once you have selected your audiences, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the screen to apply the audience exclusion.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us for further assistance.